Gifts for Cooks and Bakers

Guest Blogger Lynne Favreau is back by popular demand - certainly MINE - with some great ideas for kitchen gadgets. She's a truly extraordinary cook, always making something absolutely delicious and beautiful to boot from scratch. So you're in for some great tips from her. Funny - I own the first two items she recommends.  I double recommend them! 


I love to entertain, whether it is a few couples over for game night, or a birthday bash for fifty, I'm ready to go.

Here are the items I've either purchased and find indispensable, or are on my personal wish list. I've decided to concentrate on one company King Arthur Flour Company for convince sake. I'm a fan of one stop shopping and multiple gifts along a theme. If you are ever in Vermont you should visit their store. As one would suspect, their bakery items are delicious.

If you are trying to lessen your plastic dependence these Bees Wax Wraps are the rage. I've read a lot of pros and cons, but think even if they only cut down half your plastic bag habit its worth the effort.  Rochelle's TIP: If you want to just run out to buy them locally, I bought these at Trader Joes, and Whole Foods out any natural grocer near you may have them too.

Another item in the keeping with being green are these Produce Bags. (Rochelle's TIP: I also found these locally, at a natural food store. They were white mesh and you can see your food through them and wash and dry them easily. GREAT STOCKING STUFFER)


Proper storage helps keep your ingredients stay fresher, longer. The hinged lid on this 6-Piece Set is a nice feature. The aesthetic of everything matching pleases me.


Every kitchen should have a Digital Scale, especially if you are going to do any serious baking. I waited way too long to get one and appreciate it immensely.



I've wanted a Revolving Cake Stand for a very long time. I use an old wooden lazy-susan but it's too low to do a proper decorating job.



These are the Mini Baking Pans I'd use for gifts. Not technical a tool or gadget but you can bake right in them, and I'd use them for fudge, saving me the job of cutting it up.




Another item on my long wish list is this stylish Black Walnut Lame. I don't bake bread as much as I used to but I'd have to start again if I had this.

When my mother died and the house got packed up, one box from the kitchen went missing. In it were many of the old kitchen tools I still wish I had. This Nut Chopper was one of them.



My favorite Measuring Spoons are these rectangular beauties. So much easier to get in those little spice jars.



I'm in the market for a new thermometer and this is one I'll likely get. I like that it shuts off and comes back on when you pick it up, no fiddling around with on and off.


I have little storage space in my kitchen so anything that serves double duty is winner. These Double-Sided Round Cutters are great for cookies, biscuits, and canapés.




Disclaimer: All photos and recipes originate from the designated website/authors unless otherwise noted.

See what else Lynne has recommended on Looky Here over the years, check out her category by clicking HERE.

Comments