Gifts For The Literary Crowd

My friend Lynne Favreau is a writer, a mother, a wonderful cook AND baker (and they are very different skill arts), and cocktail maker. I asked her if she's like to pick a few categories to write posts on and this is one of them... Since she hosts a writing group I am in, it is even more fitting. Enjoy! -- Rochelle


Being a writer or an avid reader means everyone buys you books. Which is lovely, but why be pedantic? These gifts still have a literary bent but are a step outside the book jacket.

Did you know the Library of Congress has a shop? I didn't. It's fabulous.
There are beautiful handmade leather goods (darn, the bag is already sold out!). 

This Eyeglass Case come in several colors.


It also comes as an adorable Christmas Coin Purse.


One of my favorite gifts to give and receive are ornaments like this blown glass beauty.


This gorgeous literary cameo is a treasure!

Everyone can always use another tote.


Out of Print is another good source for the book lover in your life. 
I'm a sap! This The Outsiders necklace nearly tears me up.

They have t-shirts, socks, caps, and a nice variety of enamel pins.




I am a huge fan of The Rifle Paper Company. They have some of the loveliest prints and colors on their planners, calendars, and accessories you'll ever see–including Ked sneakers. If you are a writer or have one in your life, you know we obsess over a good journal and that there's no such thing as too many notebooks. Especially when they are as pretty as these.




About the time I was having my first child we had the original Magnetic Poetry on our fridge and kept a notebook on hand to document the best ones. Quite a few involve a very tired women leaking milk. I think it is time to resurrect that tradition, so long as we stay away from the tired woman leaking pee poems.

There are many, many topic to choose from including this Book Lover set.

 I use several sets of these page markers, and have given them as gifts.
They are sold in most bookstores and Amazon, Iclips Magnet Page Markers make nice stocking stuffers too.


I'm not naming names...



Another cute socking stuffer–mini books! 


Disclaimer: All photos and recipes originate from the designated website/authors unless otherwise noted.

Stay tuned for more from her (and me!) this year but if you are in a hurry to see what else Lynne has recommended on Looky Here before, check out her category by clicking HERE. - Rochelle


Comments