• The time I lost both my arms in a sleeping accident
• The neighborhood swans that tried to eat me
• The day Australia refused to let me get Chlamydia even though I was wearing a protective koala costume
• Advice on how to survive the zombie apocalypse, the airport, and the zombie apocalypse at the airport
• Completely inappropriate things I’ve blurted out to fill awkward silences at my psychiatrist’s office."
BUY $16.54 reg$26.99 | Save 39% at Barnes and Noble
Thunder and Lightning
“Lauren Redniss is one of the most creative science writers of our time—her combination of beautiful artwork, reporting, and poetic prose brings science to life in ways that words alone simply cannot. Thunder & Lighting is a fascinating meditation on how climate affects the earth’s landscape and the lives inhabiting it, but also how the landscape of a book—the layout of its text, the images on its pages—impacts the telling of a story. This is an important book about a topic that couldn’t be more important to us all.”—Rebecca Skloot
BUY for $21.00 $35.00 | Save 40% at Barnes and Noble
Far more than a couple of unschooled Dayton bicycle mechanics who happened to hit on success, they were men of exceptional courage and determination, and of far-ranging intellectual interests and ceaseless curiosity, much of which they attributed to their upbringing. The house they lived in had no electricity or indoor plumbing, but there were books aplenty, supplied mainly by their preacher father, and they never stopped reading.BUY for 17.99, List Price: $30.00, Save: $12.01 (40%)at Amazon.com
CLICK HERE to check out the entire category of past posts about great books to give.